Alpaca Dryer Balls
TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
Sold in sets of six. Colors subject to availability. Can mix and match on request.
Why Alpaca Dryer Balls Are Awesome!
1. Alpaca dryer balls (“ADB”) are eco-friendly and made from renewable, natural alpaca fiber. They are nonpolluting and unlike plastic dryer pods or dryer sheets that are disposed after one or two uses, ADB’s stay firmly felted with constant use for many years and will break down naturally in compost when they are no longer useful.
2. They don’t give off toxic fumes when they are heated in your dryer. According to draxe.com/dryer-sheets, dryer balls are safer alternative to chemical dryer sheets.
3. ADB’s save money by reducing the energy required to dry your clothes. The larger your wash load, the more you save. Alpaca absorbs 30% of its weight in water without feeling wet and using six dryer balls will reduce drying time by 30-40%. Drying time for heavy loads like towels & comforters will benefit significantly -- magic money saver!
4. ADB’s remove odors from your clothing. Dryer sheets add an artificial scent to your clothing, masking odors and polluting indoor air. Natural alpaca dryer balls absorb odors from your clothing, leaving them smelling fresh without the pollution or chemical risks to your health and are naturally antibacterial. Applying essential oils in drops like lavender, tea tree, peppermint or lemon to your ADB’s are a natural way of adding a fresh scent.
5. ADB’s eliminate static electricity in clothing because alpaca balances the electrons in textiles. Dryer sheets contain silicone which coats your dryer and your clothing with an invisible film that prevents your clothing from naturally absorbing water and is how they reduce static in your clothes. Liquid fabric softeners also use silicone. ADB’s break the static energy because alpaca by nature is naturally antistatic.
Note: the dryer balls need room to move in order to remove static. You need to hear the balls tumbling around in your dryer in order to be effective. Be sure your dryer isn’t overloaded, preventing the balls from bouncing around.
6. ADB’s are hypo-allergenic. If you or a family member has an allergy to wool, alpaca fiber doesn’t contain lanolin and will not impact those with wool allergies.
7. ADB’s are not color specific. You don’t have to match the color of the dryer ball to the colors of the wash load. Leave all the dryer balls in the dryer and let them do their job.
Note: shedding is normal when ADB’s are brand new. After a few dryer loads, the shedding will stop. You may want to match the ADB’s by color for these first few loads.
8. ADB’s are beautiful and make you happy when you take them out of the dryer with your clean laundry. When you’re happy, you’re more energetic to do mundane tasks (like folding laundry) -- so it’s a win-win proposition. Whether ADB’s are made from natural colored alpacas or naturally dyed alpaca fiber, they are attractive, compel you to touch them, squeeze them, and even play with them. Makes a great pet toy too!
The alpacas thank you!