Made To Order - Hand Crocheted Alpaca Scarves
Would you like to be cuddled by a soft scarf made by hand just for you?
Simply choose the scarf design, the alpaca yarn color you prefer, and we'll do the rest!
Finished scarves are approximately 55 inches long x 8 inches wide, subject to the design you choose. Scarf can be modified to your specific size, but may impact the final cost.
Why should you order a scarf from Granite State Alpacas?
- it will be handmade with you in mind. the scarf you choose has not been created yet. It's not sitting on a shelf waiting to be shipped. Once you place an order, I will begin making it with YOU in mind.
- your scarf will be one of a kind. When you place an order, I will ask a few questions about YOUR scarf that will make it unique. No other will be exactly like it.
- sourced & harvested yarn right in our backyard*. Our yarn comes from our own herd in their natural colors and is named for each alpaca. *For color variety, we do offer dyed alpaca yarn from neighboring farms.
- you can meet the alpaca* If you would like to meet the alpaca who grew the yarn, we can arrange an introduction so you can personally thank them for growing the fiber that made your scarf. *does not apply to dyed yarn from other farms but you can meed our herd regardless
- your scarf will last a lifetime. Once you wear alpaca, you may not want to wear anything else. Alpaca requires minimal care (if any). Our classic designs never go out of style and are worth the investment.
- All our yarn is 100% alpaca (unless otherwise noted) making it ideal if you or the person I am making the scarf for has wool allergies or sensitive skin.
- chemical-free - no chemicals are used to grow, harvest, or process the alpaca fiber into yarn. Mild eco-friendly soap is used to block the finished product. Dyed yarns are either botanical or sodium based.
- hypoallergenic great for wool allergies or sensitive skin.
- lightweight unlike most synthetic yarns, alpaca is not dense or heavy
- soft against the skin alpaca is soft and is always soft. it will not stiffen over time
- wicking the scarf will pull moisture away from your skin - not sweatty
- breathable so comfortable, you won't mind wearing it all day long
- odor resistant no funky odors after wearing it all day
- stylish classic colors& designs that match everything, people will admire, & look damn good on you
- water repellent protects you from unpleasant weather while you stay warm underneath (alpaca withstands rain and snowdrops)
- earth friendly alpacas are gentle on the planet and their fiber is biodegradable.
If you have questions that need answers before placing an order, send an email to sandy@GraniteStateAlpacas.com
I'm happy to talk with you about your scarf.
Please allow 2-3 weeks.
Granite and Sassy - $65.00
Claudia - $80.00